The Wellness Committee provides opportunities for all employees to create a healthy work site; foster collaboration and partnerships; and establish healthy lines of communication between support staff, supervisors and administration. We integrate our wellness program into the agency’s organizational structure, link with related community health and screening programs, support healthy social and physical environments and offers health education via literature, social media, seminars, education sessions, etc.
Responsibilities of the Wellness Committee
● Meet and plan activities to promote good health for themselves and for their fellow workers
● Communicate to employees information about known health risks and the value of a work site wellness committee and wellness initiatives
● Establish health lines of communication between support staff, supervisors, middle and top management
● Promote participation in both individual and group activities
● Advocate for work site policies and environments that support improved health
● Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the wellness activities/programs offered to employees
● Foster collaboration and partnerships
The agency also offers an Employee Assistance Program, WorkLife Matters through Guardian Insurance, where employees can connect to a counselor for free support services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The phone number is 1-800-386-7055. Support is also available at www.ibhworklife.com. The program covers 3 face-to-face visits for all employees and comprehensive services i.e. education, working smarter, dependent care & care giving, legal & financial, as well as lifestyle & fitness management.